Tax Listing Department
One full-time employee and a part time employee staff the Tax Listing Department. They are members of the Wisconsin Real Property Listers Association.
The Tax Listing Department is responsible for the duties set forth in Chapter 70.09 of the Wisconsin State Statutes. The Tax Lister, for real and personal property, updates assessment information, maintains current owner information, and creates parcel/computer numbers for new subdivisions, condominium units, certified survey maps and any splits that are created in Vilas County.
This office provides current owner information and legal descriptions of record. This information is available to Title Examiners, Appraisers, Surveyors, Real Estate Professionals and the general public. The Tax Listing Department offers current geographic locations of every parcel within the county. Current parcel count for Vilas County, which consists of one city and fourteen townships, is 47,388-Real Property and 2,218-Personal Property.
The Tax Listing office serves the public and other units of government by providing assessment, tax, and real property information.
General overview of the duties and responsibilities of the Tax Listing office:
Prepare and maintain accurate ownership records and description information of parcels including;
- issuing and maintaining parcel numbers
- accurate legal descriptions
- owner’s names as recorded by Register of Deeds office
- updating mailing addresses
- updating property addresses
- special purpose districts and school districts
Assessment and tax information:
- prepare work rolls for assessors
- process valuation changes provided by assessors
- prepare assessment rolls for Board of Review
- process all changes generated by Open Book and Board of Review
- process special assessments and charges
- process & prepare mill rates and levies
- process & prepare tax bills, tax rolls & various tax info reports
- print tax bills
- assist public and other departments
Coordinate the flow of assessment information between the County and taxation district for assessment and taxation purposes
330 Court Street Eagle River, WI 54521