Parks & Recreation Department
Vilas County Shooting Range is maintained by the Parks & Recreation Department, the range opened April 26th, 2019 for the season to the public. Please Refer to Rules Below. Future maintenance and expansion of this facility are dependant on your donations.
The Vilas County Parks and Recreation Department maintains the Vilas County Shooting Range located 5 ½ miles north of Eagle River off Highway 45 on the east side of the highway.
Range rules are posted onsite and are as follows:
- RANGE RULES SAFETY IS OF THE UTMOST IMPORTANCE
- RIFLES & PISTOLS ARE TO BE SHOT ONLY INTO THE BACKSTOPS.
- DO NOT PLACE YOUR TARGETS ON TOP OF THE BACKSTOPS.
- CEASE FIRING, UNLOAD & BREAK OPEN YOUR ACTION WHEN OTHERS ARE DOWN RANGE PLACING OR RETRIEVING TARGETS.
- GLASS TARGETS AND EXPLODING TARGETS ARE NOT ALLOWED.
- DO YOUR PART TO KEEP THE RANGE CLEAN & SAFE. TAKE REFUSE (CANS, PLASTIC CONTAINERS, ETC.) WITH YOU WHEN YOU LEAVE.
- THE RANGE IS OPEN FOR ENJOYMENT SPRING, SUMMER & FALL FROM 8a.m. TO 8 p.m. OR SUNSET, WHICHEVER COMES SOONER.
- ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES AND CONTAINERS PROHIBITED AND SHALL NOT BE CONSUMED OR BROUGHT ONTO PREMISES
The Shooting Range consists of 8 backstops, 5 signs, 1 fire ring, 5 benches, and parking for about 10 vehicles. There is a donation tube on site; all donations received are used for range maintenance and improvements. There is a shotgun area, and shooting lanes of 50 feet and 25, 50, and 100 yards.